Computer AnimationThis is a M.D. course in 3D computer animation for Computer Graphics II in the MOSIG master. It covers kinematical animation, motion capture and some aspect of animation of 3D surfaces. For introduction to physically based animation, the siggraph courses from Andrew Witkin, David Baraff and Michael Kass are highly recommended and will be presented in class.
- Direct and inverse kinematics (slides)
- Introduction to Maya (see below)
- Skinning, Facial animation, morphing (slides)
- Motion capture and retargetting (slides)
- Physically based animation (notes from David Baraff and Andrew Witkin.)
- Additional notes on physics-based animation (slides)
- introduction (slides)
- user interface (slides)
- modeling (slides)
- animation (slides)
- MEL scripts (notes, in French)
- C++ plug-ins with Maya API (notes, in French)
Slides are available following this link.